Ok this is a SERIOUS issue and I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people suffer from this---ADRENAL FATIGUE!
So what is it?? It's the feeling of being CONSTANTLY fatigued (tired) and other symptoms(listed in the picture) caused by a poorly working adrenal gland in people who are under mental, emotional, or physical stress.
For me, it was something I completely overlooked because I thought--I work hard through out the day and get in a good hard work out--of course I'd be tired all day!--WRONG! This is not a normal feeling.
So how can you "heal" your adrenal fatigue:
1. Do the ultimate reset-- 21 days to resetting your body, clearing out the toxins and taking 21 days off of hard work outs. You would focus on just stretching (piyo) and walking during the 21 days and eat healthy, wholesome & FRESH foods.
1. Avoid adrenal stimulators
-foods you're intolerant or allergic to (you get bloated or upset tummy after eating)
-partially hydrogenated fats
-overtraining in your work outs
-inadequate sleep --- shoot for 7-9 hours every night
2. Stabilize your glucose levels
-DO NOT skip breakfast
-eat a high quality protein based breakfast
-eat every 2-3 hours. Do not wait until you're "hungry"
-snack with low glycemic foods such as nuts, seeds and hardboiled eggs
-avoid all fruit juices and carrot juice
-never consume high glycemic fruits without a source of protein
-avoid all adrenal stimulants (listed above in #1)
-eat a well balanced diet consisting of mostly veggies, quality grains and protein
3. Exercise in aerobic heart range
-long duration activities such as walking ,slow jogging, slow cycling and any other form of exercise that involves endurance. It is absolutely crucial for someone who is suffering from this to only perform aerobic exercise.
4. Learn to RELAX
- use stretching, pilates, light walking, reading a book etc., whatever helps YOU relax at least one time per day!
Feel like you might have this?? Try using some of these techniques in your life for a few weeks and see if that fatigue stops ;)