Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sinful Paleo Banana Pancakes

I am a sweets lover, there's not secret about that. So when deciding to really to take my health in my own hands (candida, adrenal fatigue, hypothyroidism, hormonal imbalances etc,.) I knew that a huge part of getting that all under control was what I was putting in my body. I decided to go Paleo a few months ago and lately have been experimenting with some new recipes to keep things fun and interesting. This one right here is a WINNER! If you make them, let me know what you think!

BANANA PANCAKES
Prep time: 5 min 
Cook time: 10 min
Serves: 4 (makes 8-9 small/medium pancakes)





Ingredients

  • 3 bananas
  • 3 large pastured eggs
  • 3/4 cups almond flour
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)

Instructions
  1. In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork or potato masher (I used my hands-- yes they were clean!)
  2. Crack eggs into the bowl, add almond flour and cinnamon and combine.
  3. preheat a large cast iron skillet or griddle pan on medium heat (I added a 1 tsp of coconut oil to avoid it sticking)
  4. Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, add 2-3 tablespoon scoops of batter onto the cooking surface
  5. Cook until the edges look done and gently flip the pancakes over and cook a few minutes more. Top with some extra butter or coconut oil, (I used coconut butter in this picture), cinnamon or walnuts and serve. 
  6. ENJOY! 

1 comment:

  1. These ARE JUST AS GREAT as they look!! A friend of mind from Dallas turned me on to these last Summer!! Sooo Tasty! :-)

    ReplyDelete